If pigeons, seagulls or any other kind of birds are destroying the look of your property, or causing public health issues then get in touch with PestGuard NorthWest to have it sorted in a professional and timely manner.
When it comes to dealing with the pest control problem of pigeons and seagulls, they have to be treated in a different way to other sorts of pests such as rats or mice. While an infestation of rats will be eliminated through poisoning or trapping, killing birds is more problematic for practical (and for some people, ethical) reasons.
There are very effective bird control practices available however which the technicians at PestGuard NorthWest are experts at carrying out. These comprise a variety of bird deterrents which will keep seagulls, pigeons and other birds away from your property.
The pest control techniques used to keep birds at bay include:
- Bird Netting – These are the nets you will often see on the roofs of buildings, preventing birds from nesting there.
- Bird Mesh – This galvanised or stainless steel mesh comes in a variety of sizes and blends well with any environment.
- Optical Bird Gel – Creates an illusion of fire to scare birds away from the property.
- Bird Wire – If you are concerned that bird netting will ruin the aesthetics of your property then bird wire is an alternative solution, being much less visible but doing the same job.
- Bird Spikes – For areas of heavy infestation bird spikes prevent perching on just about any surface. Please note, although they look dangerous they do not hurt the birds because they will simply refuse to land there.
- Falconry – Suitable for use in large open spaces either indoor or out.
- Bird Scarers – Emitting bird distress or predator calls, these are particularly effective at keeping birds out of a large area such as a car park or airport.
- Pigeon Deterrents – Every situation is different, but the experts at PestGuard NorthWest will be able to recommend the best combination of pigeon netting, pigeon spikes and bird scarers for your circumstances.
- Seagull Deterrents – In many ways seagulls are even worse than pigeons because they can become aggressive as well. There are many ways to solve the pest control problem of seagulls however, from spikes to gull wire.
- Electric Bird Deterrents – The Avishock electric strips are barely noticeble once installed and work by administering a harmless electric pulse to scare birds away.
This is just a selection of some of the most common bird deterrents available from PestGuard NorthWest. Please get in touch for the best way of dealing with your specific bird control problem.
Guano cleaning and getting rid of bird nests is a very serious health concern and should never be attempted without the proper safety knowledge and equipment. Please get in touch with PestGuard NorthWest for our low cost cleaning services to restore your property to its proper condition.